Blog

The Trinity Tripos Manuscript 11th July 1688

A Manuscript known as “the Trinity Tripos”, dated 11th July 1688, was brought to light in a book published by Rev. John Barrett, (Vice-Provost, from 1806 to 1821, Trinity College, Dublin) in 1808. This MS. (Manuscript) clearly shows that was at labour in the 1680’s some 37 years before the first recorded meeting of Grand lodge in 1725.

The-Trinity-Tripos-MS.-11th-July-1688