The St Euny Masonic Lodge celebrated its 70th anniversary earlier this month by holding a service of thanksgiving at the Masonic Hall in Redruth. The service was presided over by the Worshipful Master, Paul Phillips and the officiant was the Rev Dr Peter Blackwell Smythe, the Provincial Chaplain. The St Euny Lodge was originally consecrated by the Earl of St Germans, the Provincial Grand Master; assisted by Canon HR Jennings, deputy Provincial Grand Master. This ceremony took place at the crypt of St Andrews Church in Redruth on May 17, 1945 so the anniversary service took place exactly 70 years to the day. St Euny Lodge was borne out of Druids Lodge, No 589 one of the oldest lodges in Cornwall. Among the invited guests were Cllr Will Tremayne, mayor of Redruth; Cllr Henry Biscoe, deputy mayor of Redruth; Cllr Mars Alison Biscoe, deputy mayoress of Redruth, and Mr Nuno DeFatos, president of Redruth Chamber of Commerce. In his opening address, the Worshipful Master, gave thanks to the founders of the lodge, and recalled the importance of maintaining a link with them even if now it is only a memory. He went on to say how much he and the members were looking forward to the future of Freemasonry especially in Redruth and added that St Euny had been fortunate of late in having a sizeable intake of younger members which augured well for that future. M Phillips the outline the generous giving of the Order in general and Cornish Freemasons in particular by summarising the many millions of pounds donated to non-Masonic organisations, including £50, 000 to the Nepal earthquake via the British Red Cross, and £700 pounds to the Redruth Alzeimer’s Society.