Ancient Freemasons Clip Art Continue Reading Masonic Clip Art
by RW OSSIAN LANG, Grand Historian, 1932 A Review of His Report on the First Six Years of Organized Freemasonry The story of the formation of the first Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons in the world has been told innumerable times. The earliest and only official accounts are those to be found in… Continue Reading WAS ANDERSON RIGHT? WHO WAS HE?
This beautiful Stein was made to commemorate the 200th Anniversary (1795-1995) of Grand Holy Royal Arch Chapter of PA. It is decorated with Red, Blue, and Purple transfers and trimmed in Gold on a white background. It names the Grand Officers and their stations. This stein was made by Stanley C. Buz and is… Continue Reading A Beautiful Stein was made to commemorate the 200th Anniversary (1795-1995) of Grand Holy Royal Arch Chapter of PA
The Halliwell Manuscript, also known as the Regius Poem, is the earliest of the Old Charges. It consists of 64 vellum pages of Middle English written in rhyming couplets. In this, it differs from the prose of all the later charges. The poem begins by describing how Euclid “counterfeited geometry” and called it masonry, for… Continue Reading Regius Manuscript – A Poem of Moral Duties – 1390
These Statutes, which are undoubtedly based on the ancient ,customs and laws of the craft, were discussed and agreed on at two assemblies of Masters and Fellows, held in the manner of a chapter,” (“in Kappitelsweise,”) the first at Regensburg on Easter-day 1459, and this second shortly afterwards at Strasburg, when they were definitively adopted and promulgated.… Continue Reading Strasburg Constitutions 1459
A Manuscript known as “the Trinity Tripos”, dated 11th July 1688, was brought to light in a book published by Rev. John Barrett, (Vice-Provost, from 1806 to 1821, Trinity College, Dublin) in 1808. This MS. (Manuscript) clearly shows that Speculative Freemasonry was at labour in the 1680’s some 37 years before the first recorded meeting… Continue Reading The Trinity Tripos Manuscript 11th July 1688
The William Watson Manuscript – which consists of six parchment sheets sewn together, to form a roll some 12 feet long – written (around 1535). Its first transcription was made in 1687 by a certain Edward Thompson, of whom we know nothing. The manuscript was discovered in an old iron chest at Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England; and… Continue Reading William Watson Manuscript
Beamish Living Museum is a triumph in preserving the history of bygone times, for when the foundation stone for the new Masonic Hall in Park Terrace, Sunderland was laid with full Masonic honours in 1869, the Freemasons present on that day could never have envisaged that history would repeat itself some 137 years later, and… Continue Reading Beamish Living Museum – Freemasons Hall